The Cumberland Hotel is much more than just accommodation and food. You will find the welcoming atmosphere ideal for any event.
These important, perhaps once in a lifetime events, should be memorable and happy occasions for all concerned, the success of which will depend on a whole host of factors associated with the overall tone of the celebration. Our experience in arranging these Special Days (and Evenings too) goes back to our first owing a Hotel in 1984, and in that thirty years we have been delighted to welcome over 3,000 such events, including
- Anniversaries & Graduations
- Coach Tours throughout the year.
- Christmas Tours & New Year Packages,
- Wakes, Funerals, Funeral teas & lunches / buffets
- Retirement Parties,
- H.M.Ar med Service Reunions
- And even hosted some top ‘Big Bands’, with Chris Barber and his Jazz and Blues Band, The Sid Lawrence Orchestra and across the musical spectra to a Ukalaly Dinner Dance.
Wake up in a stylish and comfortable guest room, to enjoy a shower (all ‘double’ size), or bath, before a delicious Full English Breakfast served in our delightful Restaurant, or have it served to your room. Keep in touch with wireless Internet access,(free ground floor) watch TV or work, backed up by full Secretarial services at Reception (Colour Fax & Photocopy).
All rooms with TV/CH/ spacious Bathroom with-Shower-WC/RS/Maid/Tea & Coffee bar.
Inspected annually by Inspectors from Visit Britain and from Cumbria Tourism organisations, we meet all of the Inspecting Authorities requirements, and comply with all the latest standards throughout.