A very warm welcome awaits you at my Mill apartment! Its a fabulous place to stay in both its setting and location. Beautiful rolling hills, vineyards, fabulous views & gorgeous places to eat and drink local produce. Everywhere you go in this beautiful country is safe & perfectly pristine. Slovenes are very proud of their country, & rightly so.
Beautiful Slomskov Mill is 115 years old, and totally unique, there is no other like this in Slovenia. The flour mill is still in its original condition but has been fully renovated on the exterior to preserve this National Treasure.
Slomškov Mill House is located in the peaceful village of Razkrižje set in one acre of grassland next to the Scavnica river, located in the north east of Slovenia, but only 300 metres from Croatia, 26km from Hungary and 37km from Austria, making it an ideal base from which to explore four countries in one holiday.
Adjoining the spectacular Slomškov Mill are the mill workers living quarters. In 2015 this space was completely renovated into two separate self catering suites for our tourist guests. Two suites have been created which can either be rented as separate accommodation or as one house to accommodate large parties.
Alpine Cycle started way back in 2005 when we were known as Triathlon Holidays and specialised in running triathlon training camps for triathletes of all abilities and distances with a specialism for Ironman training.
This required long distance cycling routes, including multiple climbs each day, leading to a realisation that the cycling was the main focus for our guests.
Move on a few years and we decided in 2016 to become Alpine Cycle, to appeal to both cyclists and triathletes.
The approach is still the same: informal, good food, great cycling.
Come and join us for a great cycling experience in the Alps.
- Alpine Cycle offer cycling and triathlon holidays in the French Alps. You decide where you want to ride and we are there to help
- Come and climb some of the most famous climbs of the Alpine mountain stages that have featured on the Tour de France in the Savoie and Haute Savoie regions.
- High Cols Weeks – Our High Cols weeks are designed to give you the experience of climbing at least one big climb each day of your trip.Most of the climbs will take you from the valley floor to around 2000m. Some days will involve two, three or even four climbs from 6km to 20km in length and varying gradients up to 10 or 11%.
Founded in 1984 by Marc Robertson on Soppit Farm, in Elsdon, we now have a gorgeous little cheese hub in Blagdon. Tucked away down Green Lane in Northumberland, we have a lovely converted granary building, which houses our Dairy, Despatch, our offices, and our very own Cheese Loft Café.
In the dairy, our cheesemakers lovingly handmake 16 farmhouse cheeses. We use cows’ milk from the estate less than two miles away, from local Blagdon cows. Our Jersey cow milk comes a single herd from Wheelbirks farm in Stocksfield in Northumberland, our Goats’ milk comes from a single herd at the Dolken Dairy in Cumbria, and our Sheep’s milk comes from Lancashire.
Our 18th century house has been completely redecorated to a high standard and is a perfect place to enjoy your holiday. Situated in the méouge valley the terrace offers stunning views of the small village of salérans and the mountains beyond. It is a haven for wildlife; the sound of the cuckoo and woodpecker travel across the valley; roe deer sleep in the woodland in front of the house; sanglier can be spotted and heard as well as swifts nesting in the eves of the house and so many different birds and butterflies in the garden. The perfect place to relax and let us take care of you during your stay.
- Serre Des Ormes is located in the spectacular Gorges de la Méouge, in the Hautes-Alpes region of France and within cycling distance of Mont Ventoux.
- Delightful accommodation with spacious ensuite bedrooms. Private swimming pool, sunny terraces, cosy lounge and even our own library to relax in, all set in idyllic peaceful surroundings.
- Hearty breakfast served each morning to set you up for the day ahead. Tea and home baked cakes are also served each afternoon & help your self to fresh fruit throughout your stay.
- Delicious two course evening meals are prepared on all but one evening of the week, using locally sourced organic food where possible. Wine, aperitif and hors d’oeuvre are all included with dinner.
- Fantastic road cycling to suit all levels right on our doorstep. Quiet roads, stunning gorges, picturesque villages as well as some great climbing on the local cols and of course Mont Ventoux!.
- Organised group ride at the start of each week to introduce you to the area and so that we can tailor the week’s riding to ensure you get the most out of your stay with us.
- Exclusive use of the house available for groups/families of 6 or more.
- Transfers to and from Marseille airport or Aix TGV station are available as well as day trips to ride Mont Ventoux or the infamous cols of the Southern Alps.
- Bike hire available in Sault at the foot of Mont Ventoux. Transport can easily be provided for collection and return of hire bikes.
Morzine is the perfect place for a cycling holiday. Buzz offer cycling friendly accommodation with knowledgeable hosts, comfy chalet and fantastic food.
There are so many different cycling routes and climbs so no matter how many times you visit, every week is different and there is always something new to explore.
The cycling schedule is carefully planned to suit the needs of the participants and can be adjusted to suit all levels of cycling ability. For those looking to ride further or longer there are always options to make this happen.
Bike Breaks Girona Cycle Centre is your one stop-shop for all your cycling needs in the cycling paradise that is Girona, Catalonia, Spain.
A yearly updated full fleet of top end Cannondale rental bikes. Pick your favourite, one of the Synapses with Shimano 105, Ultegra with discs or even electric shifting, don’t be limited by the roads and pick a Slate to go on the trails… hybrid bikes and electric bikes for easy cycling as well as bike holidays, day trips, guides..
NEW! at Bike Breaks Girona Cycle Centre: BIKE BREAKS BOUTIQUE
After many years of organising kick ass cycling holidays and the ever so special Girona Cycling Festival, the guys at Bike Breaks have now expanded with a unique cycling clothing OUTLET shop with an extensive and unique range of brand new and ex-pro finds!
Come and find your treasure in Girona or on our online outlet shop: shop.gironacyclecentre.com