Outdoor experiences designed to make your adventure extraordinary
Outdoors@hay is an Outdoor Adventure centre with various accommodation options to suit all budgets and tastes in Hay on Wye – world famous for it’s second hand book shops and Literacy festival.
Our location makes a great base for touring the Brecon Beacon and Wales. A popular cyclist’s stop off on the Lôn Las Cymru National Cycle Route that passes our door. Other national routes nearby include routes 42 & 8 . The town of Hay on Wye has much to offer the adventurous besides it’s famous book shops as it sits on the River Wye and is at the foot of the Black Mountains.
At your Service:
Our accommodation can be booked by individuals or by groups of family, friends and clubs. We are situated just outside Hay on Wye within easy walking distance of the town’s shops, pubs & restaurants and is a makes the ideal base to explore Hay on Wye and the surrounding area.
- Tylau Lodge. Sleeps 12 and is both welcoming and comfortable and has sensibly designed facilities that enable groups to relax following a big day in the outdoors. The scenic and quiet garden provides a lovely setting to enjoy the evenings. We welcome cycling and walking clubs, groups of friends and can provide evening meals for visiting clubs.
- Hay Hostel: Tylau Lodge is available as a Hostel for ‘Bed only’ bookings sharing the facilities. It is available to book 21 days in advance if not rented out solely by a group.
- Tylau Cottage B&B: Tylau cottage is a charming old stone walled building that offers a lovely comfortable en-suite room in family home. The large bedroom with twin beds that have zip-link mattresses and can be made up as a double bed if preferred. Please contact by email for more details to book.
- Natural Campsite: Our quiet site with a purpose built showers, toilets facilities that also has washing up area and shared use of fridges. Fire available to hire. Open April to October.
- Pre erected tents: If you want a bit of comfort to your camping why not try our Yurt with Wood burning stove or stay in a fully kitted out Bell tent. One night stays welcome. Available April to October.
- Cycle guide: Anybody with a decent enough bike can take themselves mountain biking, but would they know the best place to go and have an expert on hand to navigate and be there for emergencies. The owner is a British Cycling Guide offers cycling holiday packages or just one day guided rides that ensure you get the most from your day out by making the best use of your time out on your bike. Bike hire available.
All of the above are complimented by friendly welcoming owners who are regular walkers, cyclist and are happy to help out with route advice and minor repairs. Also available is secure indoor bike storage, breakfasts and packed lunches that can be booked in advance.
We pride ourselves on providing a professional, welcoming and memorable experience. So when visiting Hay on Wye & you’re looking for somewhere to stay or play, ensure you get the best and go Outdoors@hay!